Blue Dragon has:
- Sent 2,677 kids back to school and training
- Provided accommodation to 153 girls and boys
- Served 323,522 meals
- Built or repaired 62 homes for families
- Distributed 36,587 litres of milk
- Handed out 42,404 kilos of rice
- Reunited 168 runaway children with their families
- Taken 1,108 kids to a doctor or hospital
- Put 6 teens through drug rehab
- Obtained legal registration papers for 2,031 children
- Rescued 303 trafficked children
- Placed 133 teens in jobs
- Played 1,400 games of soccer!
Blue Dragon Children's Foundation is an Australian grassroots charity that reaches out to kids in crisis throughout Vietnam. Blue Dragon kids are street kids, children with disabilities, children from very poor families and victims of human trafficking and slavery.
Blue Dragon offers a comprehensive range of services led by our dedicated team of social workers, psychologists, teachers and lawyers. We aim to break the poverty cycle by offering education and long-term opportunities to those in most need in Vietnam.
From providing food and shelter to a kid on the street to rescuing a girl from a brothel and supporting her education, we give children a new chance in life.
The 2013 Whatever it Takes Appeal raised our goal of $192,055 so we can rescue kids in serious crisis, get them to safety and look after them for the long term.