Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation has received both national and international awards for the work it has been doing to rescue children in crisis. These awards are a testament to the trust placed in the organisation by its supporters around the world who believe in giving disadvantaged children life changing opportunities. It also speaks to the commitment and hard work put in by staff and volunteers over the years who have gone above and beyond the call of duty to achieve the goal of helping disadvantaged children overcome their difficulties, one step at a time.
Certificate of Outstanding Contribution to Anti-trafficking
Stars Impact Award 2015
Trust Women Anti-trafficking Award 2015
Blue Dragon’s Chief Lawyer, Van Ta, has been awarded the inaugural Trust Women Anti Trafficking Hero Award for his tireless work to rescue trafficked children and women from their places of slavery. One of 11 nominees, he was presented the award on November 17th 2015 at the Trust Women’s Conference in London. Read more here
Certificate of Merit for outstanding involvement in the 5-year National Action Plan on Anti-trafficking (2011-2015)
Blue Dragon received the high achievement award from Quang Ninh police which recognises excellent efforts in the fight against human trafficking. This is a rare and exceptional honour for an organisation like ours and a testament to the work of our Founder, Michael Brosowski, and Blue Dragon staff over the years.
Trafficking in Persons Hero 2014
In June 2014, the USA’s Secretary of State, John Kerry, honoured Blue Dragon’s Chief Lawyer, Mr Van Ta, as a 2014 Trafficking in Persons Hero. Van Ta has been involved in helping children and young adults secure their freedom from human trafficking since 2005. In addition to direct services, he has had a great impact on communities in Vietnam where he conducts awareness campaigns and meets with leaders and families to educate them on prevention. Read more here
Hanoi International Women’s Club Vision Award for Inspiring Women 2014
The Hanoi International Women’s Club (HIWC) Vision Award for Inspiring Women is given annually to a woman, who through her own efforts, grew an idea into reality. Ms. Tran Thi Kim Tuyen, Program Manager of Blue Dragon, was given this award in 2014 for her tireless support to disadvantaged children through our Stay in School program in Bac Ninh.
UNICEF Zero Award 2013
Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation received the inaugural 2013 UNICEF ZERO award for Exceptional Commitment for our efforts to fulfill children’s rights and reduce the number of vulnerable children to zero. “UNICEF ZERO awards is an initiative of “Believe in ZERO”, a global campaign launched by UNICEF founded on the belief that no child should ever die from a preventable cause and all children should grow up in a healthy, protective, environment, receive comprehensive education and realize his or her full potential.” Read more here
Member of the Order of Australia 2012
In 2011, Michael Brosowski was conferred the title of Member of the Order of Australia for his service to the international community, particularly young people, as founder and director of the Blue Dragon Children’s Foundation.
CNN Hero 2011
In 2011, Michael Brosowski, our founder, was named one of that year’s CNN Heroes in recognition of his work defending the rights of Vietnamese children. Michael moved to Vietnam in 2002 to teach English at a local university. As he sat eating street food, he met street kids who wanted to shine his shoes. He befriended them. Together with a friend, he rented them a safe place to sleep, taught them English, started Sunday soccer and supported them to go back to school. At that time he never thought that Blue Dragon would become something big… Read more here
- Certificate of Merit by the President of the People’s Committee of Dien Bien Province for outstanding involvement in directing, coordinating and implementing programs on the promotion and mobilization of INGO aid in Dien Bien Province (2011-2015)
- Certificate of Merit by Dien Bien police for outstanding involvement in the 5-year National Action Plan on Anti-trafficking (2011-2015)
- Certificate of Merit by the Disabled Children’s Relief Association of Hanoi for contribution to supporting children with disabilities in 2015
- Certificate of Merit by the Disabled Children’s Relief Association of Hanoi for contribution to supporting children with disabilities in 2014
- Certificate of Merit by the President of the People’s Committee of Bac Ninh province for outstanding involvement in the work of Bac Ninh Red Cross Society in 2004 – 2014
- Certificate of Acknowledgement by The Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations for significant contribution to Poverty Reduction and Development in Vietnam in 2011
- Certificate of Merit by the Red Cross Society of Thua Thien Hue province for contribution to humanitarian aid activities in 2009
- Certificate of Merit by the Vietnam Red Cross Society for outstanding involvement in the work of the organisation in 2009
- Certificate of Merit by the Vietnam Red Cross Society for its excellent “Stay in School” program
- Certificate of Merit by the Vietnam Disabled Children’s Relief Association for contribution to the development of the association in 2007 – 2008
- Certificate of Merit by The Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front of Hanoi for involvement in protecting and supporting children with disabilities in 2003
You can make a difference by donating to the 2017 Rescue Appeal now!