Blue Dragon enjoys welcoming visitors to Dragon House in Hanoi, including visits from schools, individuals and corporate supporters. Our visitors come from far and wide, and bring us support, in-kind donations and great cheer. All our visitors see our centre at work, and leave with a real understanding of what Blue Dragon achieves every day. Here are some examples of recent visits:
- Rally Indochina is an annual event supporting Blue Dragon’s anti-trafficking work; participants ride the Ho Chi Minh Trail from Hanoi to Hue, making stops at historic sites along the way. Before they hit the road, they stopped by Dragon House to have breakfast with some of our kids and get ready for the ride of a lifetime!
- Year 10 students from Tanglin Trust School in Singapore visited after a year of raising awareness and funds for Blue Dragon. They visited the Early Intervention Centre, decorated the Drop-in Centre, and learned more about our work with disadvantaged youth throughout Vietnam.
- Julie Wood, a well known Australian nutritionist and author of the 4-Week Energy Diet and Feeding Fussy Kids, visited with her husband and children to bring donations of soccer balls and boots, and a whole array of children’s toys, clothes and educational games, including a train set that was destined for the Early Intervention Centre but was a big hit with the teenagers in the Drop-in Centre.
- Phil Wilson, a fundraising expert from Australia, took time out of his busy holiday schedule to visit our centre in Hanoi. He spoke with our team about his philosophy on charitable giving, and shared some amazing stories from his career at the Salvation Army in Sydney.
- Ms Gillian Carlisle, in Hanoi on a diplomatic mission with her husband, General Herbert Carlisle, the Commander of US Pacific Air Forces, visited Dragon House to speak to anti-trafficking staff. The US Air Force and the Department of Defense have recently been spotlighting the responsibility of the military community to help combat trafficking.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to visit Dragon House next time you are in Hanoi.
You can make a difference by donating to Blue Dragon now!