Blue Dragon welcomes gifts in-kind that we immediately distribute to families in need, or use in our shelters and drop-in centres.
We also have special needs for furniture (beanbags and bookshelves for our Hue office), girls’ bicycles and items for our shelter and Drop-in Centre:
- Bedside lamps
- Indoor pots for plants
- Photo frames
- Good speakers
- Small portable speakers for outdoor activities
We request that gifts in-kind are brought to us rather than shipped in (customs fees are costly for us and negate the generosity of our donors!). Visitors who are travelling in Vietnam, or who live in Hanoi or Hue, can bring items such as:
- Personal care (like shampoo, toothbrushes or washcloths but no medicines)
- Scissors, glue sticks, pens, paper and craft items for art activities
- Stationery and notebooks for our learning centre
- Jigsaw puzzles and Lego sets
- Soft toys such as teddy bears and dolls
- Soccer balls, shin pads and shoes for Blue Dragon United Football Club
We also greatly appreciate items from abroad that are hard to find in Hanoi – especially educational games (balls and rods, board games, puzzles and Lincoln Logs, colouring and dot to dot books).
Street kids and children from very poor families also need clothing. Please note that we accept new or gently-loved clothes suitable for children and teenagers (Vietnamese-sized), and new socks and underwear. It is great for Blue Dragon kids to have clothes that give them more confidence in themselves, so we appreciate clothes that are not ripped or stained. If you need help to buy items in Hanoi, we are more than happy to arrange for someone to help you shop.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our current wish list.
Thank you so much for assisting us – it’s really a great help!