An occasional roundup of news stories about the issues impacting kids in Vietnam and around the world.
– UNICEF discusses the ongoing need to help children in Vietnam, beyond the Millenium Development Goals.
– Children are being recruited for “Vocational Training” only to be used as slave labour.
– Many families in Vietnam believe that sending children to work is more useful than sending them to school.
Across the region
– Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia announce a crack-down on human trafficking.
– Cambodia continues to take a strong stand against child sex tourism.
– The disparity between male and female births in China is driving the trafficking of women from other countries
– The UK continues to be a major destination for children trafficked by crime gangs.
– A bleak view of the impact the Trans-Pacific Partnership will have on slavery.
– Nepal worries about a potential rise in human trafficking following the recent earthquakes.